Our founders came together with a common goal: to capture lost heat and transform it into energy that would improve global sustainability and provide consumers with a source of low-cost, emission-free electricity.
Our passion for innovation has already made us a leader in our field. Today, we are a proud provider of an advanced waste heat recovery system that uses CO2 as its working fluid, the first of its kind to provide at a commercial scale, allowing for a more compact, lighter and economical solution. We offer an engine that is one of the most cost-effective in the industry.
Taking a pragmatic approach to energy since 2007.
- Echogen Power Systems is founded to develop an improved waste heat recovery system
- Our first prototype (5 kW) is completed with an absorption heat pump using carbon dioxide and a preferred secondary fluid
- A second prototype (15 kW) is designed to operate with liquid CO2
- A nominal 200 kW demonstration unit was designed and built
- The demonstration unit is tested at American Electric Power in Columbus, Ohio.
- Partnership and licensing with Dresser-Rand is established to focus on turbomachinery development and commercialization
- Fabrication of our EPS100 is completed (nominal 7.5MW). Testing begins at Dresser-Rand facility in Olean, NY
- Partnership with GE Marine is established, tailoring our engines for shipboard applications
- Partnership with Doosan Heavy Industries is established for industrial steel and cement applications